Columbus Sexual Harassment Lawyer
Sexual harassment can be a degrading and devastating experience. A form of sex discrimination and a violation of federal and state civil rights laws, sexual harassment remains a problem in far too many workplaces, from factories to professional offices, from retail stores to schools.
If you have been the victim of sexual harassment, contact Stepter Law Office today for effective representation by a board certified Ohio employment law specialist.
Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Attorney Rayl L. Stepter Fighting for Your Rights Since 1993
There are two types of sexual harassment.
Hostile work environment sexual harassment involves unwanted sexual advances, touching, groping, sexual remarks, e-mails, or graphic sexual material in the workplace.
Quid pro quo sexual harassment involves a demand for sexual favors in exchange for something else, such as a raise, a promotion, or special privileges.
According to the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) sexual harassment can including a wide range of circumstances, including: but not limited to the following:
- The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.
- The harasser can be the victim’s supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
- The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
- Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to the victim. The victim need not be fired to bring a claim.
- The harasser’s conduct must be unwelcome.
Were you denied a promotion because you rebuffed unwelcome sexual advances? Have you had enough of your co-worker’s graphic sexual language?
Contact our law office today for effective representation. Our principal attorney, Rayl L. Stepter, has been fighting for the rights of workplace sexual harassment victims for more than 15 years.
Learn more: Visit our employment law information center.